Today is October 11, which means it's finally starting to cool down, we can bring out the Halloween decorations, buy pumpkin spice hot chocolate, and the leaves are changing, but most importantly, it's Momma P's birthday!!! And there's nothing better than that. So, because I have no money, I decided to do something a little bit different to celebrate.
Happy birthday to the woman who I'm slowly turning into, to the woman who raised me in the gospel, set a great example for me, and always kept me laughing. To the "fun mom, but not the nice mom." To the person I always came to for jokes and comebacks. To the person who always understood my movie references and always told me I'm funny even when everyone else was groaning inside at my super lame jokes. To the person who accepted me even though I chose Dr. Pepper over Diet Coke and who let me use the minivan sometimes so I wouldn't have to use my own gas. To the woman who everyone loves and aspires to be like. To the woman that my friends would come hang out with instead of me. To the person who has gone through so much and always fought through, and inspired me to do the same. To the woman who taught me that life doesn't always have to be serious and that it's okay to laugh things off. To the woman who is always a martyr because she cares so much about everyone else. To the person that taught me to never care what rude people say or think about me, because I am worth more than that.
When my mom was about my age, she used to sit at the piano and come up with chords and melodies, but never got to turn them into full songs because she didn't have the piano background. I took one of these melodies and made it into a song for you, Mom. Thank you for being such a great role model and example for me. Because I grew up listening to you play your melodies, I wanted to learn piano and I stuck with it. Because you were so in love with music, I learned to fall in love with it to.
It's called Elizabeth Lace.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-q4f7DX1hY4Nl9EcWFqSHJ3NFI0TVJrbno2OXBuMUg4Ql9n/view?usp=sharing
Also, because I know you wanted to be here to see us sing in Sacrament Meeting, we snuck an audio recording. Here it is.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-q4f7DX1hY4Zll3d09lV1lRQ19yVlN2TUtUeU9nSW1wSlZv/view?usp=sharing
Love you Momma P. Happy 29th.
No comments:
Post a Comment