Monday, November 2, 2015

It's November!!!

     Halloween was fun, but not my favorite holiday. If you can't go trick or treating anymore, Halloween just turns into a bunch of creeps trying to scare each other and that's totally not my thing. But we had some fun! Halloween was 50 cent corndog day at Sonic, and you betcha I scooped up that opportunity. Also, Utah State hosts the biggest Halloween party west of the Mississippi every year, so we went to that. It's called the Howl. We met some sketchy people and saw some sketchy things but believe it or not we still managed to have some good, clean fun before we headed home and spent the rest of the night curled up in blankets watching TV. For FHE, our ward went on a pumpkin walk and had cookies and hot chocolate. Aren't my friends so cute?


     But now I'm super pumped for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Because even though I won't be with my parents and siblings, I'll be with family, and that is the best news I've heard for a long time. 
     And I am just having a darn good day today. I have the hardest time waking up in time for my morning classes and it's really gotten bad lately, but today I was actually able to wake up with plenty of time to get ready and make it on time to my first class of the day. Also, I cut my hair last night with our kitchen scissors, and let me just tell you, I should drop out and go to cosmetology school. Hahaha just kidding. But maybe.
     So because our next holiday is Thanksgiving, I'm doing a thing where every day until Thanksgiving I'll take a picture of what I'm thankful for that day and I'll write a journal entry about it. At the end of the month I guess I'll make a blog post about it because what else would I do with such valuable information. 
     I found these awesome verses in Gospel Doctrine yesterday and felt like sharing.
     I love them!! I love that it's so simple. With Christ, we can have hope, love, a place to belong, and peace. He is everything that is good in this world. He's the reason we are able to make it out strong through this test. Without Him things don't turn out how we want, they fall apart, and they're way harder to get through. He is our peace.
     Also, to all those who haven't been out here in the fall, Logan is beeeaaautiful. All the cute orange trees and the snow on the mountain tops and even when it rains it's pretty. It's awesome. And the clouds do this thing where they cover the mountain tops (I understand this isn't cool to people who are used to mountains but I've got nothing in Kentucky) and it's so fun. I wish I was a better photographer because this place is just so worth capturing.
     Also, guess what exists?! Disney has a new album of classic Disney songs sung by pop artists. So there's Friend Like Me by Ne-Yo, Colors Of The Wind by Tori Kelly, and so many other great ones. It's on iTunes. You're welcome.
     What a great opportunity I have to get a higher education, to learn to live on my own, to learn how to support myself, to grow, to mature, and to be away from my family long enough to understand that I never want to have to be separated from them. What an amazing blessing I have that my family can be together for all eternity. I'm so grateful for my parents for making a temple marriage a priority and for living worthy of that, and for teaching me to do the same. I have so much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment