
Hahahaha oh man.
OK. Sorry. Back to business.
Logan is SO cold!!! I'm interally laughing at myself because last November when I toured the university campus, my tour guide (nice guy, not nice jokes) told us that November was the coldest month of the year. And for some reason (mostly because I'm an idiot), I believed him. I really did. Why did I believe him??! But the cold hasn't been all that bad. Out west, if you bundle up really well, you stay pretty warm. Unless the sun's not out. Or unless it's windy. Or unless you're not in your apartment wrapped in a blanket with the space heater.
...It's a rough life.
Thanksgiving was so fun because I got the apartment to myself and you already know what that means!! Dance party!!! Meghan Trainor was singing her heart out while I danced all the pizza and sparkling cider off. I mean, I love my roommates and all, but, dance parties.. (side note: I'm totally kidding guys I love you way more). Also, that means I dressed up nice and did a little Thanksgiving Day photoshoot, which I am still a little ashamed to admit. I just really had nothing to do. I worked the swing shift at Best Western later that day, and brought my journal so I could do something to entertain myself when we didn't have any customers come in, and right as I sat down and started to complain to my journal that I had to work on Thanksgiving, a lady walked in wearing just the cutest Christmas sweater I've ever seen. She walked right up to the front desk with two plates full (and I mean full) of food and set them down on the desk. Before I could say anything, she asked, "Are you Madison?" "Yes." "Okay. Here's some food. There's turkey and ham - I didn't know which you would prefer - and gravy on the side - I didn't know if you wanted it on the potatoes or not - and here's some salad, I put the ranch on the side too. Most people don't like stuffing anymore but I brought you some anyways." I was like what in the world is going on, this is awesome!! Right as I tried to thank her, she cut me off and asked, "Cherry, apple, pumpkin?" I had no idea what she meant but I said apple, and she said, "Apple pie it is. Will you want whipped cream on that? Heck, I'll just put it on the side. And will you need butter? Oh well of course you will, for your bread." And she walked out. I took the plates of food to the back room, and she walked in a couple minutes later with butter and pie. I tried thanking her again but she brushed it off and gave me a quick little smile and walked out. Try complaining after that. I definitely couldn't. The mashed potatoes and gravy were so good I had tears rolling down my cheeks. It was actually pretty pathetic but wow that woman has no idea what it meant to me to be able to eat a Thanksgiving meal that day. Isn't it so cool that our Heavenly Father watches out for us like that?
After Thanksgiving break, professors go crazy and assign all these quizzes and projects and papers, so the last couple weeks have been stressful for everyone. I'm really not a fun person when I get stressed out. And I get stressed out pretty easily, so I've had to formally apologize to my friends for being a pain in the butt. That's always an awkward conversation. "Hey uh, so about how I've been like the worst lately.. yeah it's only going to get worse before it gets better. So sorry about that one. I promise I like you though.." But there's some comical events that come with me being so stressed out. First of all, I'm kind of a ditz even on my good days, but let me just tell you, when I'm stressed my brain literally stops functioning like a normal human being's. My roommates and I call this my "brain tumor" (I'm a hypochondriac. If there's any disease or disorder in the world, I will find it and probably end up diagnosing myself with it). I just have a really hard time processing my thoughts and creating speech. So I develop this little speech impediment when I'm stressed. Just yesterday, I was trying to say something really short and simple like, "Pinterest is my favorite thing," and I could not get out one word without messing up. Welcome to the life of Mads Powell, you will never be able to understand a thing she says, but we swear she's really tryin'.
So to relieve some of this stress, we took a trip down to Temple Square in Salt Lake City to see the lights. Temple Square is always such an awesome place to go. I'm never disappointed.



(Except I was really disappointed in the hot chocolate we got. It was just the worst.) (Oh and photo creds to Chandler. I stole these off your Facebook. Thanks dude.)
You know what I just realized? I never match the color scheme everyone else is going for. I need to work on that.
Snow 107 Love Life Update:
Mariah - ...I have no idea what to call this guy. Uh we're gonna call him Pa (lol get it, because Mariah is the mom of the apartment??). He called and asked her on a date last week and we were all like WHAT. And they keep going on dates and he made her dinner and she's gonna make him dinner and life is just goin' good. Dibs on her first born child being named Madison.
Holly - Ok can I just take this time to say that Holly is going to be the best wife/mom ever? She knows how to do like everything, she cooks like an angel, she's probably the best cleaner in the apartment (sorry, I need to clean more, huh?). Like, goals.
Syd - Just kidding, hold off the boyfriend applications. We're back in business.
Megan - Dude idk Megan is just stressed because of finals and she just wants to fight everyone.
Sara - Like 10ish days until she gets to go home and be with her boyfriend!! Yay!!!
Mads - No longer workin' on it, guys. I made it. I found my own personal space heater. It's awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment